MyChronicMigraine.ca collects personal information in order to serve you and communicate with you. This Privacy Statement explains how MyChronicMigraine.ca uses and discloses your personal information and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security.
1. Types of Personal Information
This explains our practices with regard to “Personal Information.” Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Information. Examples of types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, email address or phone numbers.
- Relationship Information that helps us understands your interests, including information about products, treatments and health conditions that are of interest to you.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with MyChronicMigraine.ca, including purchases, inquiries, and information about how you use the MyChronicMigraine.ca websites and applications.
- Financial Account Information, such as your credit card number or Social Security number, as needed to process payments and provide reimbursement services.
- Geo-location Information, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices.
- Job Applicant Information, to process your job application, such as your Contact Information, resume, previous work experience, education, transcript, driver’s license information, social security number or national identification number and information relating to references.
2. How MyChronicMigraine.ca Collects Personal Information
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, sign up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, or make a direct purchase, or apply for employment. We may collect additional information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our communities.
3. How MyChronicMigraine.ca Uses Personal Information
MyChronicMigraine.ca may use your Personal Information for its business purposes, such as to:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards and rebate programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with MyChronicMigraine.ca, to develop our business relationship with you;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Information
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to you; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration,
fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
4. Why Personal Information Is Disclosed by MyChronicMigraine.ca
MyChronicMigraine.ca does not sell, share or otherwise distribute your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. MyChronicMigraine.ca will share your Personal Information only in compliance with any obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and other applicable laws. For example, we will share your Personal Information as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with your consent or as you direct. For example, we may share information with your doctor as part of programs in which you agree to participate.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed herein.
- We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your Personal Information with vendors who provide data processing or fulfillment services for us.
- We may also disclose Personal Information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- We may also disclose Personal Information when requested under legal process or otherwise required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Please note that we may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
5. Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
This leading pharmaceutical manufacturer uses Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects), Microsoft Silverlight and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience in compliance with Network Advertising Initiative standards. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation. Flash cookies (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash cookies, please see Adobe’s website at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html or visit www.adobe.com. To manage Silverlight cookies, see Microsoft’s at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/privacy.aspx or visit www.microsoft.com
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to MyChronicMigraine.ca and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This governs how we use that all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
MyChronicMigraine.ca has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any personal information to them as part of this process. However, this does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org.
6. Tell-A-Friend Functions
MyChronicMigraine.ca offers “tell-a-friend” functionality on our websites. If you choose to use this function, we will collect Contact Information for your friend. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email with the information you specified or inviting him or her to visit the site. MyChronicMigraine.ca uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and does not retain the information.
7. Your Choices
You can always limit the information you provide to MyChronicMigraine.ca. You can also limit the communications that MyChronicMigraine.ca sends to you by following a simple opt-out process.. Simply follow the instructions in our emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account or your equipment. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from our website as well as product safety communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can opt-out of being targeted by those third party advertising companies that are NAI members online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
8. Access and Correction
MyChronicMigraine.ca respects your right to access and correct your Personal Information. You may update your Personal Information at any time by contacting us via email click here, or directly by logging into on your online account, should you have one. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
9. Information Security
MyChronicMigraine.ca has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Information from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure.
10. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.
MyChronicMigraine.ca is headquartered in the United States of America. Your Personal Information may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world. By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer to the U.S. which your country may not consider to provide for adequate privacy protections. We will always protect the privacy and security of your personal information as expressed in this policy, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
11. Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This only addresses the use and disclosure of information by MyChronicMigraine.ca. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
12. Children’s Privacy
The MyChronicMigraine.ca website and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowing collect any Personal Information of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us by clicking here so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information.
13. Forums, Product Reviews and Other Public Areas
14. Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice on our homepage when we make material changes to this the Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously-collected Personal Information, we will notify you about the change by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your account.
Any portions of this policy are void to the extent they are prohibited by applicable law.
15. How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online click here. You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
Attention: Legal Department
2525 Dupont Drive
Irvine, CA 92612 USA
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed “Personal Information” to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. MyChronicMigraine.ca will not sell or share your Personal Data for marketing purposes without your consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact click here or write to us at 2525 Dupont Drive, Irvine, California 92612, Attention: Legal Department.